29 September 2005

MirrorMask

From Neil Gaiman:
. . . I got a note from the publicists at Sony asking me to stress that the first weekend's attendance will seriously affect what happens next. So if you are in a town that isn't showing it, and you want to see it, getting your friends who are in a town where it's showing to go and see it as soon as it's come out will increase the chances of it getting to you.

Therefore, I hereby command (or else very humbly beg) everyone I know who lives somewhere MirrorMask is playing to go see it as soon as possible. Even if you have no idea what MirrorMask is. You won't regret it.

Edit to add: The annoying thing is, even though the movie opens tomorrow, I don't actually know where it'll be playing because Cinema Clock only lists movies through today. Perhaps this is a good time to look for a new movie listings site . . .

3 comments:

Rowena Hart said...

I looked on the MirrorMask web site for theaters that will be running the movie, but they only list theaters in the US.

I searched and searched and searched and could not find a theater in Victoria that is running MirrorMask. Maybe "limited" release means "Not in Canada"?

Rowena Hart said...

I'll still go see the movie (if it arrives in Victoria) but it looks like it's not going to be popular:
MirrorMask

Unknown said...

Yeah, turns out it was "limited release in the US." Oh well. Maybe it'll do brilliantly and be released to more theatres (not beyond the realm of possibility--Neil Gaiman has enough fans that Anansi Boys is debuting at #1 on the NY Times bestseller list).