25 August 2007

Counting Foxes

I only just now finished word processing chapter 16 of White Foxes, Full Moon (or whatever it's going to end up being called). It now stands at 47, 425 words, plus chapter 17 and the beginning of chapter 18 in longhand. Perhaps I'll get more done tomorrow. We'll see.

I also did something I meant to do ages ago and sent a nice letter and chapter one of The Coming of the Fairies (the YA novel formerly known as Taken, 1941) to a literary agent. I don't expect this particular agent is even accepting new clients, but I figured I might as well begin at the top and work my way down. Whatever transpires, I will report it here.

And in a little less than two weeks, the new school semester begins. Damn, but this summer has gone by so fast! As usual, I didn't get nearly as much done as I had hoped. I will try to get a few more small projects finished in the next couple weeks, plus working away at my print book projects and at getting my little printing press up and running (much cleaning of cast iron with steel wool shall ensue).

Here's what my school week will look like as of the second week of September:

  • Monday 13:00 to 15:00 AHIS3200 History of Photography
  • Tuesday & Friday 13:00 to 17:30 PRTM3106 Intermediate Lithography
  • Wednesday 13:00 to 17:00 PHOT2500 Lighting Workshop
I'll have Thursdays free, and I'm hoping to add Relief Printmaking to Tuesday nights (18:00 to 22:00), but it's currently full with a long waiting list. I'll still be working at the VRC, and I hope to get my hours in Monday, Tuesday and Friday mornings (well, maybe not Tuesday if I end up getting into Relief). It leaves me Wednesday mornings for either working on About stuff at home, or continuing to help organize in the printshop. That depends on a variety of things.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny thing about summers - the older you get, the shorter they get and the less one gets done. Enjoy yours while you're still youngish - there will be time for the other stuff. And if not, so be it.

Anonymous said...

Hey. We've got Photo History together. Woo!

-Kerrin.

Unknown said...

Cool, I can finally give you Cheese Monkeys back . . .