19 July 2010

[BFG] Latest Reading: Mish Mash of Finishing Things

As you may or may not know, I sometimes start new books before I finish old ones, and while I usually manage to keep the total number of books-on-the-go fairly low, once in a while I need to make a concerted effort to finish things I started before starting new ones. So I'm in the middle of that now, ending up with a bit of a mish-mash this time around. Also, I really need to write these posts more often, as I think I sometimes forget to list books that I finish and put away and they blend back into the shelves. But anyway, here are the things I finished recently.

  1. Animal Skulls: A Guide to North American Species by Mark Elbroch (non-fiction) buy from amazon
  2. The Decorative Illustration of Books by Walter Crane (non-fiction) buy from amazon
  3. The Swiss Family Robinson by Jean Rudolph Wyss (fiction) buy from amazon
  4. Fitcher's Brides by Gregory Frost (fiction) buy from amazon
  5. Sunshine by Robin McKinley (fiction) buy from amazon
  6. The Barnum Museum by Steven Millhauser (fiction) buy from amazon
  7. Good Blood by Aaron Elkins (fiction) buy from amazon
  8. Samurai Crusader: Sunrise over Shanghai story by Hiroi Oji, art by Ryoichi Ikegami (comics/graphic novel) buy from amazon
Actually, looking back at this list, not that many of them are ones I started a while ago and then had to finish. In fact, most of them are ones I picked up and read right through because I didn't feel like reading the ones I'd already started. Which means my to-finish pile isn't getting smaller very fast. Hmmmm.And here are a couple I also read, but which were mostly art, so they don't get counted in the 50 Books thing:
  • The Fantastic Paintings of Charles & William Heath Robinson edited by David Larkin buy from amazon
  • Rackham's Color Illustrations for Wagner's "Ring" introduction by James Spero buy from amazon
Animal Skulls: A Guide to North American Species Of The Decorative Illustration Of Books Old And New (1905) The Swiss Family Robinson (Signet Classics) Fitcher's Brides (Fairy Tales) Sunshine The Barnum Museum Good Blood (A Gideon Oliver Mystery) Samurai Crusader: Sunrise Over Shanghai (Viz Graphic Novel) Rackham's Color Illustrations for Wagner's "Ring"

No comments: