11 May 2004

More League of Extraordinary Books

One of the books I've been busily reading in the last little while is a volume of Bram Stoker's short stories (which I'll talk about more when I get to it in my "50 Books" posts). After reading that, re-reading Dracula seemed like a good way to continue my exploration of all books mentioned or alluded to in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. So that's what I'm doing. Except then I got distracted by a newly-discovered mystery author, so I haven't got very far into Dracula yet, though it's a book I like very much. Also, I made Sue read League (by getting it off the shelf at the library and handing it to her and saying, "You need to sign this one out.") She was very annoyed at me on account of she had to stay up very late at night reading it. (I also got her to read Good Omens the same way, with much the same result. Hee hee.)

No comments: