30 June 2010

Three Pretty Peacocks

I managed to stay up into the wee hours of the morning again last night, which is becoming a habit I'm going to have to break soon, as I'll be teaching in Halifax and will need to get up in the wee hours of the morning, instead. As soon as teaching is over mid-August, I'll no doubt return to my nocturnal ways, though.


But I've digressed already and I only just started. Right, peacocks. One of the things I did while staying up late was finish the peacock ATCs. The one above is (rather obviously) "Blue Peacock," and the one below is (also rather obviously) "White Peacock."


And finally, here is "Green Peacock." I have a tendency to put all my energy and attention into the central figures, and then end up at a loss about what to do for the background. Of course, when your size is 2.5 by 3.5 inches, a quick wash of a few colours is probably perfectly acceptable. I'm planning to move to some larger sizes, soon, and then I'm gonna have to give more thought to backgrounds.


I also finished three Creatures of Myth and Fantasy cards, and the Asian dragon for the pen/ink and watercolour swap. I'll post some pics of those tomorrow. Next I need to draw some lights, more pen/ink + watercolour, and some historical heroines (no avoiding drawing people for that one!).

No comments: