18 February 2010

Recent Reading

So lately this blog has turned into a showcase for cool art by other people, which is fine. I love to share the great stuff I find. On the other hand, this blog is supposed to be mostly about my own work. So today I'm going to spend some time writing about what I'm doing here in my studio home in the snowy woods (and oh, yes, it is snowy).

So first, I mentioned somewhere back there in a previous post that I was going to try the 50 books blog challenge again this year. So far I've read a bunch of stuff, but haven't blogged about it. So here are the things I've read since the beginning of the year.
  1. Crossing Over: Where Art and Science Meet by Stephen Jay Gould and Rosamond Wolff Purcell (non-fiction) buy from Amazon
  2. Zeppelins West by Joe R. Lansdale (fiction) buy from Amazon
  3. Mouse Guard by David Petersen (comics/graphic novel) buy from Amazon
  4. The Complete Guide to Prints and Printmaking ed. John Dawson (non-fiction) buy from Amazon
  5. Hannah's Garden by Midori Snyder (fiction) buy from Amazon
  6. The Blue Girl by Charles deLint (fiction) buy from Amazon
  7. Mangaka America ed. Steelriver Studio (non-fiction) buy from Amazon
  8. Video Game Art by Nic Kelman (non-fiction) buy from Amazon

I've got a few others in progress, too, so I'm doing pretty well. I might end up dividing the list in 50 each of fiction, non-fiction and comics/GNs yet.

No comments: